There are many reasons to be a part of The PIDIM.
- Professional Recognition: exclusive use of The PIDIM designation and the term “Professional Interior Designer” in the Province of Manitoba.
- Influence: gain a voice in The PIDIM by becoming involved with the Council or on a committee.
- Network of Professionals: useful for business and social connections provincially, nationally, and internationally.
- Protection of your right to practice. A unified voice to educate others regarding the profession in the political and public arenas.
- Continuing Education Opportunities through The PIDIM and other associations, affording the obtainment of CEU credits.
- Preference for members of The PIDIM in public Expression of Interest (EOI), Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents.
- NCIDQ study groups and info sessions with previously successful candidates.
- Conduit for communication of issues that affect our practice.
- Regular email contact with events and opportunities.
- Included in the NAFTA agreement that provides reciprocity to Interior Designers who work within the United States.
- Liaison with allied design and related professions in the Province of Manitoba.
- Access to current Membership Directory.
- Only members of The PIDIM are entitled to advertise under the category Interior Designer, Professional in the Winnipeg Yellow Pages.
- Relationship to the University of Manitoba MID program.
- Representation on the Department of Interior Design Council at the University of Manitoba.
- Representation on the Partners Program Board at the University of Manitoba.
- Invited to attend general meetings and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- Fosters mentorship to the next generation of Professional Interior Designers.
- Resource directory for businesses engaged in the manufacture or supply of furnishings, services or processes used in the practice of Interior Design.
- Membership Certificate with official seal.
- Design Services Referral to promote members and their specialization.
- Access to a discounted rate for Errors & Omissions and General Liability Insurance, as well as other insurance packages.
- Salary survey and other general information relating to the profession
These are only some of the benefits of membership!
Learn more about becoming a member of the PIDIM.
comments powered by